FON will accept applications from 09/01/2017 to 10/30/2017.
There is no charge for the application process.
- Students must be enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree program at participating Colorado Schools of Nursing:
- Adams State College - Alamosa
- Colorado Christian University
- Colorado Mesa University - Grand Junction
- Colorado State University - Pueblo
- Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Regis University/Loretto Heights School of Nursing - Denver
- University of Colorado Denver, College of Nursing
- University of Northern Colorado, School of Nursing - Greeley
Friends of Nursing will give preference to students who are planning to practice in Colorado.
- Students must have attained Junior or Senior status in an undergraduate program or be enrolled in a graduate program in nursing. e.g. MS/MSN, DNP, PhD.
- Students must have a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Students must create an account on this website with their email address as Username and Password of their choosing. The purpose of the account is to allow you to work on the forms on your own schedule. The account is password protected ensuring confidentially and security. Students must complete the application forms online and submit the application electronically by the deadline above. (Paper applications will not be accepted for the Friends of Nursing Scholarship.)
- Students can print out the FON online application form and submit the standard application to the Colorado Nurses’ Foundation (CNF) and Alpha Kappa Chapter-at-Large, Sigma Theta Tau (STTI) who also award scholarships . Information on where to access information on eligibility and addresses to send forms for these scholarships can be found on the Colorado Collaborative Scholarship Tab on this website.